Gearbox Oil - The right mixture is crucial!
Oil mixture with gear oil and high performance additive for Segway PT transmissions.
Segway Gen2/i2/x2 Segway SE/i2/x2
The Gear Box Oil is not intended to be used as a refill oil, but to improve the smoothness and durability of your Segway PT transmissions. Therefore, we recommend using this mixture as a replacement when changing oil. The additives in combination with the base gear oil will give you a significant improvement. This mixture shows its advantages especially at larger temperature differences. In addition, we advise to replace the oil drain plug with an oil drain plug with magnet. This can also reduce wear in the gearbox.
The clear advantages are:
- optimizes the lubrication
- improves the interaction of the gears
- reduces the wear
- extends the durability of the transmission components
The optimum oil quantity in the gearbox varies with the different gearbox variants. Please ask your Segway PT dealer for the optimal filling quantity for your transmission! Filling with too little oil as well as overfilling can lead to damage! We therefore recommend that you have this done by an authorized dealer with Segway PT service certification.
Why is oil not just oil?
An oil mixture is first adapted to the needs of various applications, such as use in Segway PT transmissions, by adding high-performance additives. The higher the quality of the individual components and the more specifically the various properties are combined, the better the oil mixture can perform its tasks.
Important here is the correct viscosity of the oil. The oil must be able to form a protective "lubricating film" at all points of the gearbox, including between the gears that are in mesh. This must remain stable at the various temperatures and loads.
The purpose of a special gear oil for Segway PT gears is to protect the gears and bearings of a Segway PT gearbox from excessive friction, abrasion and wear, which shortens the life of the gears. This protection is achieved with an optimized oil by reducing friction. This results in less wear and heat at high speeds, resulting in smoother running and longer life for your Segway PT transmission.
The noise development can also be dampened sustainably through the improved interaction of the transmission components.
Check oil level:
Just as an engine needs oil to lubricate the pistons and protect them from wear and corrosion, the gear box is lubricated with a special oil.
The gear oil must also be at the correct level, otherwise it cannot do its job properly and can even damage the gearbox.
How do I check my gear oil?
Basically, a lot of experience is required for gear boxes and especially for Segway PT gear boxes. We therefore recommend that gear oil changes should only be carried out by qualified personnel. Unfortunately, the Segway PT does not have an oil dipstick or similar. This means that you either have to go to great lengths to open the gearbox or take out some oil through the drain hole to see if an oil change is necessary. The transmission oil should not differ too much in color and consistency from a fresh oil as good as new. If you are using a magnetic drain plug, you may also be able to determine the amount of abrasion deposited on the magnet.
Quantity: 1 litre / 1000 ml
1. identification of the substance or mixture and of the company/undertaking Name: Dexron VI Use: Automatic transmission oil, date of issue : 09.01.2011 Revised : 28.11.2012 Supplier's details: Emergency number : +49 (0) 4103 1211 0
2. possible hazards The mixture is not classified as dangerous according to Directive 1999/45/EC or 67/548/EEC
3. composition/information on ingredients Mixture: EU No. Designation Conc. Hazard symbols R-phrase(s) (67/548EEC) Hazard symbols R-phrase(s) (EU 1272/2008) 253-249-4 Bis(nonylphenyl)amines >= 0.12 - <0.6 R53 Aquatic Chronic 4; H413 406-040-9 Reaction mass of isomers of C7-9-alkyl 3-(3,5-di-transbutyl-4hydroxyphenyl)propionate >= 0,12 - <0,6 R53 Aquatic Chronic 4; H413 242-556-9 3-(decyloxy) tetrahydrothiophene 1,1dioxide >= 0,12 - <0,3 N; R51/53 Aquatic Chronic 4; H411 424-820-7 0100000