Segway PT rotary encoder (incremental encoder) sensor for steering unit - suitable for Segway i2 and x2, both for Gen 2 and SE.
Incremental encoders are sensors used to detect changes in position (linear) or angle (rotary), in the Segway PT these detect the desired steering movement of the rider.
The sensor for the pivot unit (Pivot Base Assembly) is a safety-relevant component. Therefore, please have it installed by qualified personnel only.
Unfortunately, this rotary control (Leansteer Sensor) is not available individually from the manufacturer. For this reason you cannot purchase the original encoder sensor here.
PT Pro has found with a very competent Swiss colleague a suitable rotary encoder for all Segway PT models. This has been modified and optimized to fit all Segway PT devices from Gen 2 and SE. Caution. Many encoders available on the market cannot reliably fulfill this task. We had to see this again and again during our development. However, we now have a very good and reliable component.
This encoder sensor reacts barely noticeably more agile, the Segway PT steers a bit faster it feels. This Leansteersensor you can buy here as a spare part (spare part).
The removal and installation should only be done by qualified personnel! The sensor must be calibrated (adjusted).
Optionally, the installed original encoder can be repaired by PT Pro technicians in case of error, defect or problems, e.g. twitching of the leaning rod. Mostly the replacement of the encoder is not necessary. Only in the case of irreparable defect we advise replacement.
Electronic components are generally excluded from return, cancellation and exchange, because these are specific custom-made by the respective programming of the component or by customer-specific optimization. Complaints can only be accepted if the component has been installed by a trained PT Pro technician. In case of self-installation any form of warranty or guarantee expires. We refer here to § 312g paragraph 2 BGB additionally apply: I. Exclusion already before the start of the production of the goods II. Exclusion only in case of significant economic disadvantages for the entrepreneur.
Please pay attention to our warnings!
Installation only by qualified personnel!
Important warning! Risk of injury!
- When using our products, it is important to follow the instructions for installation and manual and the warnings associated with them.
- Special care must be taken while handling with electricity.
- When driving on the road, always observe the locally valid laws and regulations!
- Ensure that you wear adequate protective clothing
- If the vehicle is damaged, it may not be driven under any circumstances. Danger of injury!
- Always switch off your electric vehicle and disconnect the power cable before carrying out maintenance work or replacing parts or accessories.
- Remove both batteries / accumulators before starting work.
- PT Pro is generally not liable for damage caused by incorrectly installed attachments, wear and spare parts.
- Always read the latest authorized operating and installation instructions before installation
- In order to avoid damage and malfunctions, installation should only be carried out by qualified personnel! Incorrect mounting can lead to death or serious injury.
- To minimize the risk of injury, please read and follow all instructions and warnings in the user documentation
Driving the vehicle:
- Use of the vehicle can become deadly or result in serious injury due to loss of control, collisions and falls.
- To minimize the risk of injury, read and follow all instructions and warnings in the user documentation.
- PT Pro recommends that you always wear a helmet when driving the vehicle.
- When using the vehicle, the current road traffic regulations in the respective country must be observed
- Always store batteries and accumulators in a dry place and at room temperature (10 - 25 degrees)
- Charge batteries only at adequately fused sockets and with charging cables designed for this purpose
- Protect batteries and their connectors from moisture
- Remove both batteries / accumulators before starting work
- Do not clean with steam jet or garden hose or drive through deep puddles! Clean with a damp cloth!
- Please always ensure sufficient battery power for the duration of your ride.
- Never look directly into the light source. This can lead to blindness
- Important: Risk of crashing:
- Check rims for damage before every ride!
- Rims with out-of-balance or which show knocks, hairline cracks and deformation must be replaced immediately.
- Hairline cracks are difficult to detect, danger of breaking! Hairline cracks are possible, especially after accidents and after riding fast over high edges (high pavement, thick roots etc.). Here you save at the wrong place!
- Regularly check the screw connection of the rims!
- Never use rims as load securing points (lashing strap!). Lateral tension forces can damage the rim.
- Caution: Not suitable for motorcycling!
- Please read the warnings inside the helmet!
- Only wear the helmet while riding. Danger of strangulation due to getting caught on the chinstrap when climbing or playing.
- The helmet can no longer fulfil its protective function after a fall, so replace it after every fall.
- Materials age due to UV radiation and external influences. To ensure optimum protection, safety helmets should always be replaced after approx. 5 years.
Electronic components are generally excluded from return, cancellation and conversion, as these are specific individual productions due to the respective programming of the component or customer-specific optimizations. Complaints can only be accepted if the component was installed by a trained PT Pro technician. In case of self-installation, any form of warranty or guarantee expires. We refer here to § 312g paragraph 2 BGB additionally apply: I. Exclusion already before the beginning of the production of the goods II. Exclusion only in case of considerable economic disadvantages for the entrepreneur.