Elastomer silent soft - whisper mode for your Segway
Elastomer change - important for safety, driving comfort and silent, quiet hovering
Like any vehicle, the Segway PT requires regular maintenance and service. Although the scooter is by far not as susceptible to repair and maintenance as an electric vehicle with a combustion engine, certain components such as coupling and elastomer are subject to normal wear and tear. These gearbox components are very safety-relevant and must be replaced depending on the mileage and after a certain period of time. Due to the high performance of the Segway PT, the transmission parts are subject to heavy wear and tear.
The Elasto sits on the star of the engine shaft and transmits the power to the Segway PT gearbox via the coupling. Thus the elastomer together with the coupling is the most stressed wear part of the vehicle.
During our cheap service work we often get to see elastomer kits that are used up to dust and shreds. This places an extremely heavy load on the transmission and coupling!
After a short time, the coupling in the shaft mounting is also turned round. With a lot of luck it will spread for a while and keep the transmission system alive. At some point the shaft will spin under load = full speed. What this means for the safety of the driver is clear. A fall is unavoidable because the Segway PT can no longer balance itself! At the latest here danger threatens the Tour provider because of lack of care.
To avoid risking major damage to the Segway, the Segway PT should be serviced regularly and wear parts should be replaced by an expert. Good maintenance prevents the failure of your equipment during the season!
The PT Pro Elastomer (gear rubber) made of super elastic special polymer, in the soft version for all Segway models. The power transmission component between engine and gearbox, together with the coupling, is the most important part for the interaction between the components. Depending on the quality of the transmission, these elastomers, specially developed for smooth running, can be driven up to approx. 1500 km (Gen2). The mileage is very dependent on the condition of the transmission on which it is installed. Unfortunately, PT Pro can only guarantee this mileage with our revised gearboxes (Gen2).
This plastic compound was specially developed for the quiet running of Segway transmissions. Internally we also call it "whisper elastomer". Particularly suitable for private users who attach great importance to smooth running.
Installation by qualified personnel is recommended! Incorrect installation can lead to damage to the gearbox, coupling and elastomer! Unfortunately, we cannot accept any liability for this. Please take note of our special and favourable service offers
Quantity: 1 piece Silent soft
Please pay attention to our warnings!
Installation by qualified personnel only!
- Schalten Sie Ihre Elektro - Fahrzeug stets aus und ziehen Sie das Stromkabel ab bevor Sie Wartungsarbeiten vornehmen oder Teile austauschen bzw. Zubehör anbringen.
- Vor Beginn der Arbeiten beide Batterien / Akkus entfernen.
- Um Schäden zu vermeiden, Getriebearbeiten und Revision nur durch Fachpersonal ausführen
- PT Pro haftet grundsätzlich nicht für Schäden durch von Kunden fehlerhaft verbaute Anbau- Verschleiß und Ersatzteile
- Lesen Sie vor Montage grundsätzlich die neueste autorisierte Betriebs- und Montageanleitung
- Um Schäden und Fehlfunktionen zu vermeiden, Montage nur durch Fachpersonal ausführen!!!
- Falsche Montage kann zu lebensgefährlichen oder schweren Verletzungen führen. Zur Minimierung des Verletzungsrisikos bitte sämtliche Anleitungen und Warnhinweise in den Benutzerunterlagen durchzulesen und befolgen.