Refurbished batteries for the Segway PT are a good and affordable alternative to new Segway PT batteries.
For this rebuilt battery all cells were replaced by new LiFePo4 Li-Ion cells. Additionally the BMS board (Battery Management System) was checked or replaced by a new one if necessary. Afterwards all battery components are checked by our battery test system. The battery - performance - protocol is enclosed. Each PT Pro battery is provided with a serial number.
The battery housing is in a used condition with corresponding traces of use!
On new equipped Rebuilt - Batteries for Segway PT, which are delivered with performance protocol, there is one year PT Pro - warranty from date of purchase.
Low-performance original Segway PT battery (battery) from Saphion Technology for Segway i2 / x2, both Gen2 and SE series, can be equipped with high performance again.
The LiFePo4 Li-Ion cells used by us have a little more power (6.6Ah), resulting in a slightly higher range. Unfortunately these cells are not as durable as the Lishen cells which are built into the original battery.
This will reduce the range from year to year by about 1.5 - 3%. This is slightly more than with the Lishen cells. Depending on use and storage (heat - cold) it may vary. Since 2018 a good alternative to the original Lishen cells.
Slightly more range at a lower price with a minimum of life span describe this rebuild battery best.
PT Pro also tests new batteries before sale. If this is not at least 115%, we do not give them to our customers!
- Segway Gen2/i2/x2
- Segway SE/i2/x2
You should know that!
A Segway PT always needs 2 batteries to ride. Here you should also pay attention to a similar power density of the batteries installed on the Segway PT. The weaker of the two batteries limits the range. Therefore, a strong new battery cannot show its performance when combined with a weaker battery on a Segway PT. Therefore, we recommend that you always replace both batteries on the Segway PT or perform a battery diagnostic to determine the performance of the second battery. Even older batteries can still perform well if cared for properly.
However, it does not always have to be a new battery. If you have a defective battery, PT Pro can often save the defective battery by a so-called battery resuscitation or battery repair.
Tips for the care of your battery on the Segway PT:
- Charge the new battery for 12 hours before the first ride.
- Always store batteries or Segway PT with a built-in battery in a dry place!
- Always store batteries or Segway PT with built-in battery at temperatures above 10 degrees Celsius!
- Always leave batteries or Segway PT with built-in battery connected to the power supply. The internal battery charger (UIC) will charge the battery optimally (trickle charge). However, disconnect the battery regularly for 5 minutes to reactivate the trickle charge.
Winter operations are no problem. However, make sure to start the Segway PT at a temperature above 10 degrees and leave the Segway PT on while traveling in cooler temperatures. This will help keep the temperature of the Segway PT up due to the waste heat produced by the battery during use. After use (even when transporting the Segway PT in a car or during a stopover), be sure to store it in a dry place and above 10 degrees Celsius. Then your Segway PT will also survive trips below 0 degrees.
The batteries of the Segway PT are very robust and have a high power density. However, it is also important for rechargeable batteries that the power is provided permanently and even after many charges. With one charge, which only needs about 1 kWh, you can get as far as 40 km, so the electricity costs for 100 km are less than 1 € even with the most expensive electricity tariff.
The range is negatively influenced by:
- low outside temperatures let the battery "fall asleep
- increased friction of the tires due to low tire pressure
- high weight of the driver
- uneconomical driving style
- strong gradients
- Protect batteries and their connectors from moisture
- Charge batteries only at adequately fused sockets and with charging cables designed for this purpose.
- Only high quality cells are used for Segway PT batteries
- The batteries are of high quality and built in such a way that no short circuits and thus fires occur.
- 92 LiFePo4 Li-Ion cells
- charging time: 5 to 8h
- Operating temperatures: -10° to 50°C
- Temperature during charging 5° to 30°C
- Capacity (Ah) : 6,6 Ah, 480 Wh
- Dimensions: 35.7 cm × 19 cm × 8.2 cm
- Performance promise of the manufacturer: approx. 1000 charging cycles
- Guarantees: 12 months warranty
- Weight: piece 5,2 kg
Delivery quantity: 1 piece