PT Pro packing set - cardboard box for safe shipping of a Segway PT base (with gearbox)
Segway Gen2/i2/x2 Segway SE/i2/x2
Packing and shipping a Segway PT safely, inexpensively and easily PT Pro has the solution - shipping boxes specially made.
Anyone who has ever had to ship a Segway PT, e.g. to have it repaired, knows how time-consuming and, above all, expensive this is. If it runs stupidly, one remains also still on a tidy transport damage sits. Shipping the entire Segway PT can only be an emergency solution, since transporting it as general cargo or on a Euro pallet is very expensive. Packing takes a long time and is costly. Mostly this is not necessary, because in 95% of the damage or service cases only the Segway PT base with batteries and gearbox or even only the base is needed to repair a Segway PT.
Since shipping a Segway PT via DHL, DPD or other parcel services is the cheapest, safest and yet fastest shipping solution to send a Segway PT without courier, we advise our customers to use this option. Most shipping providers have good and inexpensive offers for packages up to a maximum weight of 30kg. They can also insure these packages to the desired amount. However, to safely place a Segway PT in a box requires a little preparation. It is not only cheaper than splitting a whole Segway PT into several packages. Within Germany (islands and special regulations excluded) you can ship a Segway PT Base for less than 7,-€. However, that's plus packaging materials.
- favorable shipping costs - only 10% of a pallet shipment.
- Technician does not have to attach and detach any attachments.
- Can be used several times
- Fast (within Germany one to two days, in urgent cases 24 hours service can be booked).
- Simply bring the package to the post office instead of the time-consuming process of getting the Segway PT ready for shipment on a pallet and booking a forwarding agent
- Environmentally friendly due to smaller packing dimensions
Important when shipping the Segway PT in a package!
The Segway, base, transmission, batteries must be carefully packed. The best insurance will not cover a possible shipping damage if the package is not packed properly. To make this easier for you and to protect you from shipping damage, we advise you from experience to disassemble and pack the Segway PT as described and pictured. Please remove all attachments from the Segway PT. These parts are often not needed to repair the Segway PT Base. It is often these add-on parts that make packing difficult and then only reach the destination defective. Each add-on part is easy to disassemble even for hobby Segway wrenches. Until they get to the gearboxes.
The cardboard box has PT Pro with one of the leading German packaging manufacturers speziel developed for shipping the Segway PT Base. Designed and manufactured for the safe shipping of Segways PT. This special packaging allows the Segway i2 and x2 Base to be shipped safely, quickly and easily.
PT Pro has put together two different packaging options
- Packaging set for BASE with gearbox
- Packaging set for BASE without gearbox
You can also order a shipping bill from them to PT Pro if you want.
- Just order online
- Receive the packaging set
- Pack the base in the special box
- Apply shipping label and bring package to a DPD parcel station
- Send base safely to PT Pro for repair
- Receive the repaired base back safely and at a reasonable price in the packaging set
Attention. Make sure that you do not exceed 30 kg total weight per package by adding other parts! This results in penal tariffs of over 40 € for the parcel services!
Caution: Batteries (Li-ion batteries) should be shipped separately in a separate box, which is marked with the dangerous goods sign.