Safetey Date Sheet Download:
From the Technical Datasheet:
Racing Brake Fluid 660 Factory Line
- 100% Synthetic Racing Fluid ? DOT 4
- Very high boiling point: 328°C / 622°F
TYPE OF USE
All types of hydraulic brake and clutch actuators requiring non-silicone synthetic fluid.
Specially designed to resist to extreme temperature generated by racing carbon and ceramic brakes allowing minimizing air entrance for brake cooling.
Can be also used with conventional steel discs and clutch systems actuators.
Widely exceeds DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 standards (except for DOT 5.1 viscosity at - 40°C).
- STANDARDS FMVSS 116 DOT 4 / SAE J1703
MOTUL RBF 660 FACTORY LINE very high boiling point (328°C / 622°F) is superior to conventional brake fluids DOT 5.1 (260°C / 500°F mini) and DOT 4 (230°C / 446°F mini), and therefore enableseffective braking even in extreme conditions.
Provides better aerodynamic performance by reducing air entrance for brake cooling on cars.
Efficient when rainy:
MOTUL RBF 660 FACTORY LINE very high wet boiling point (204°C / 399°F) is superior to conventional brake fluids DOT 5.1 non-silicone base (180°C / 356°F mini) and DOT 4 (155°C / 311°F mini), and therefore enables to keep efficient braking in wet conditions. Brake fluids tend to absorb humidity from the air, which reduce boiling point and increase the risk to get
to ?vapor lock? phenomena.The wet boiling point is measured by humidifying the product with 3% of water.
- Avoid mixing with polyglycol based brake fluids.
- Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM).
- Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to prevent moisture absorption.
- Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish.
- If skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- 100% Synthetic fluid, polyglycol bases.
- Color Amber
- Dry boiling point 328 °C / 622 °F
- Wet boiling point 204 °C / 399 °F
- Viscosity at -40 °C (-40 °F) 1698 mm²/s
- Viscosity at 100 °C (212 °F) 2.59 mm²/s
TEST Unit DOT 3 DOT 4 DOT 5.1 RBF 660
- Dry boiling point °C >205 >230 >260 328(622°F)
- Wet boiling point °C >140 >155 >180 204(399°F)
- Viscosity at - 40°C(- 40°F) mm²/s <1500 <1800 <900 1698
- Viscosity at 100°C (212 °F) mm²/s >1.5 2.59
- pH 7-11.5 7.15
Volume change at 70°C (70 hours) mm 0.15-1.4 0.76
Softening (IRHD) 10 max 4
Disintegration no no
Volume change at 120°C (70 hours) mm 0.15-1.4 1.05
Softening (IRHD) 15 max 7
Disintegration no no
- Loss at 100°C weight % 80% max 50
- Fluidity and appearance at low temperature
- Appearance at -40°C No freezing OK
- Bubble time s 10 max OK
- Appearance at -50°C No freezing OK
- Bubble time s 35 max OK
- Water tolerance
- Appearance at -40°C clear OK
- Flow time s 10 max OK
- Appearance at +60°C clear OK
- Sedimentation % 0.15 max OK
- Anti-corrosion properties: Weight variation
- Tinned iron mg/cm² 0.2 max 0.03
- Steel mg/cm² 0.2 max 0.01
- Aluminium mg/cm² 0.1 max 0.02
- Cast iron mg/cm² 0.2 max 0.1
- Brass mg/cm² 0.4 max -0.04
- Copper mg/cm² 0.4 max -0.05